Support to help you pay your deposit

If you don't have the money to pay for a deposit or bond you should contact your local Housing Options Team who will direct you to the options that are best for you.

Powys Bond Board provide a Bond Guarantee Scheme for people on low incomes who can't afford to pay a deposit. This scheme is supported by Powys Council.

You will need to ask your prospective landlord whether they will accept a Bond Guarantee certificate rather than a deposit.

Powys Council has a Discretionary Housing Payment scheme, which can be used in some circumstances to provide financial assistance for people experiencing hardship to enable them to pay a deposit. To find out more about the Discretionary Housing Payment scheme you should contact Housing Benefit Department, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells LD1 6AA. 0845 602 7032.